Monday, September 14, 2015

A place to find myself again

Written on 28th July, 2015.
I came back from Kashmir yesterday. I had plan to write small notes but it was so beautiful that I almost forgot everything. Never in my life I have felt this peaceful. Life was serene, adventurous and happy at same time. Kashmiris are poor. Muzaffarabad shows signs of progress but remote areas don't have anything nearly equal to what we call progress. No communication system works there. My expensive iPhone was a piece of junk there. Life exists in extremely raw form. Greenery, mountains, pines, butterflies, ducks, chickens, children everything seems like a fairytale. It felt like a virgin land untouched by anyone. When lightening strikes at a midnight, it feels like dawn has set upon this piece of heaven before the rest of the world. Sun comes up with its glory, awakening the mighty mountains. Those pines trees, mountains and streams are epitome of awe-inspiring randomness of nature. But silence lingers there like death. It has a peace which surpasses life and reaches to death. Water of waterfalls is so clear that I thought it was milk coming down through mountains. 
Now I know where to go when I've to write a book, or I'm broken. That's the place for me. That's the place to find myself again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment