Tuesday, May 24, 2016

To the boy who roams in my dreams

Oh dear boy who roams in my dreams
Never you worry about my admirers 
They are no more than strangers in a crowd 
Faceless men 
Awed by my smug face, bold words and composed silhouette  
Oh sweetheart, they only see my shadow 
Upright and spotless
Not my wounds but the glittery scabs
Not my tattered soul but embellished patches holding it together 
Not my scars but the light coming from them
So, my dear beloved 
When you see them displaying their awe
Treating me like I've grabbed their hearts
Don't you compare yourself with them 
Not for even a slightest of a moment 
Because my soul longs for you only
My breaths escape my lips only to leap towards your ears
And my heart has your name etched on it 
Oh my dear beloved
I'm yours 
And they are just faceless men
Moving beside me in a crowd
Oblivious to chaos inside me..

No comments:

Post a Comment