Sunday, October 11, 2015

Agonisingly beautiful days of the year..

For some, professional exams bring horror of failing and anxiety of an agonising month. For me, its a time to experience a familiar life once again. Not that I'm too over-confident or well prepared to be indifferent to this horror but this time of the year brings me closer to myself and my likings. These days are beautiful in their own way. Stressful, hectic, uncertain but beautiful. They bring a new life to my drawing room which I seldom use in whole year. Every year it owns me like a child curled up in its lap. I find solace in these sofas and cushions when my thoughts exhaust me. Sitting here, watching the bowl of night emptying into the day and sun sneaking in, redefines my pursuit of universe. Sometime I get too busy to feel this transition. Other times, I witness it with a cup of coffee or a glass of energy drink with ice cubes in it, and slow classic tunes. Its been three years and this attachment is getting deeper, meaningful and more intimate. The whole city sleeps and I stay with my thoughts and these curtains around the window, the cushions I hug, books I dwell myself into (willing or unwillingly), music I play on sound cloud and coffee I sip while my mind wanders in realm of past and future. These perks come your way if you're a night person and being one, I have been their friend for three years now. They haven't disappointed me yet. I've pulled my hair in frustration while studying anatomy, ranted about physiology and enjoyed Biochem in their company. My subjects have changed but  feelings haven't. My struggle to sleep less and keeping my brain caged to the books, remains the same and so does my company of silent city and my room. They keep my secrets, hide my tears and hold my hand from darkness of hopeless night to light of the a positive day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment