Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tell me more about how so not prepared you are...

never bother opening these study groups on facebook because they depress me more than they actually help and here is the reason why. I'm a lazy person who can work only with a tight schedule. A little space of breath and I'll jump to read a book, sleep, eat, or just sit calmly and breath, or in other words, do anything but study. Sometimes, I waste hours sitting all curled up in my couch, munching sandwich and making  scenarios in my head that have a zero possibility of happening. One day I'm all freaked out about study, telling everyone how I'm gonna change the world and finish everything in time (not that it ever happens) and other day I just kill time and don't care about it. My life is full of distractions, well, distractions and sleep. Even at this time of the year when people lose their shit after done revising subjects, I sit calmly and plan about completing them once before the papers. And irony is that I don't even bother to double think if I might need revision because it makes me bored to death. Most of my syllabus is piled up for the last day and I strongly believe that last night  of exam has this time dilating phenomenon, time dilates and my brain processes information like taka-tuck, so miraculously I become able to at least stuff my head with things enough to pass my exams. And that is sufficient for me, that is all I struggle for. So in this whole situation, when I happen to open these groups and read people talking about shit I've never imagined hearing of, its a total depressor, sometimes a good motivator to get my lazy bones to open the book, but thats a rarity. People ask questions that are unlikely to show up in the exams. They consult and double check everything from different books, I've never been introduced to. They share pictures of clinical scenerios from a parallel universe. They advise not to leave anything, no matter how unimportant,  because you never know UHS might have a telepathic power and use it to know what most people have left and put it in paper. All in all, I feel like an idiotic non-medical student who has accidentally bumped into these geeks and then feel bad for herself. People on these groups are of all kinds, some just boasters, others real nerds whi cone here to mourn for how they are not prepared,  but most are like me who silently read everything, observe and regret later why they did that.  It brings me down to thought that either I'm too overconfident about passing with this miserable condition or these facebook nerdies are too freaked out to convince themselves that maximum paper will be from things they have done already. In both cases, my life is happier even while working in desperate conditions and passing with a narrow edge. I don't want to lose my head, cry, or ruin my health in the process of getting this degree, because its simply not worth it. Thats why I stay calm and do things just sufficient enough for me to go with the flow. That why I don't need these groups and I try not to open them for good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment